Tuesday, June 19, 2007

stroked

I haven't had a trim since I came back from my vacation in Manila late December. My hair has grown longer and felt heavier, reaching my upper back. Beside the apartment building, there is an enclave of beauty, Salon Prive. Sounds exclusive and yes, the prices would attest. Forty-five dollars for a cut! OMG! So, that was a turn off right away. Imagine my mental calisthenics! Good thing I was chatting on the phone with a cousin who volunteered to take me to her own suki, a Chinese lady who works in a beauty parlor herself but takes Mondays and Tuesdays off to do her own private services from the comfort of her own basement. And the best part, trim is only eight dollars! Kahit namimili ako ng mura, I would also go for quality naman. I mean, my cousin and her thirtysomething daughter certainly have a lot to be proud of their crowning glory...well maintained. So there was no doubt in my mind. And so I went over. Her name is Georgina. Her basement, looked like Lhoy Dhayag's...ah, I feel at home already. She is very nice. She asks how I want my hair to be styled, trimmed and she follows it to the T. I like her already. As she worked on my hair, she said, "Your hair is very healthy...beautiful...what hair products you use?" And I knew, I really, really like her. My hair was stroked and so was my ego. I came out feeling and looking great. This lady will go far.

No comments: