Monday, June 4, 2007

the internet and DS

Silly as it may seem, I don't know who invented the internet. But whoever you are, I thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Through the internet, I maintain strong ties with my family. Day in and day out, we go online. I marvel at the webcam. Though mine isn't at all that hi tech (in that I see their images as if on a stop motion sequence) I am still grateful.

My, how the kids have grown!

It is endearing to see Nikki looking up to Maxine. She is in sort of a copy cat phase. Whatever her ate (big sister) does, she follows. They both love to dance. And once they get started, just like the energizer bunny, they can just go on and on and on ...and then collapse in a heap of laughter.

However, Nikki isn't all just a follower, she is particularly assertive and bossy...her first word? "Ayoko!" (No!) ..like any typical two year old. Jun would say, "Mama, yung dalawang babae mo...sumasakit na ulo ko." (Mama, your two girls are giving me a headache.)...but of course said in the most endearing way as any loving father would. Nikki and Lomi would argue over what to watch. She just loves the purple dinosaur and Lomi has just had about enough of him. But being the true kuya (older brother), Lomi would give in to Nikki, if only to stop her piercing screams which she employs masterfully to get her way.

To me, it is quite surreal that Maxine was here with me in April and then now, I see her through a box in the screen once more. "Mama, Papa said there are new rules in using the DS?" When Maxine was here, before she left, I bought a Nintendo DS for her. It seems that the toy has been permanently glued to her hands and eyes since then much to Jun's dismay.

Rule no. 1 - thou shall use the DS once a day while it still vacation time in Manila and thou shall cease its use when the keeper (Papa) says so
Rule no. 2- thou shall surrender the DS to the keeper after its use
Rule no. 3- in the season of academic year, thou shall use the DS only on Fridays and Saturdays for a period of two hours and only after when matters of home assigned school work has been completely attended to

There, it has been forever etched into this blog.

No comments: