Saturday, June 16, 2007

procrastination

As I lie down on my bed before I drift off to sleep, my mind would recount what I actually did accomplish in the day. I must admit, since the start of this month that I have been on research, I have done very little. My research staff supervisor will not be very appreciative of this at all...I hope she does not get to read this! The temptation of not doing anything is too great to resist. The work I am supposed to be doing will see me sitting on a chair in the hospital basement sifting through records...not very alluring at all when the sun is shining outside. However, I am here to work. I do not want to let anyone down...my supervisor, myself, my family who happens to be so very proud of the fact that I made it all the way here. (Can't you tell I am talking myself out of this whole slumming business I have embraced?)So, this is my resolve, I will take it one day at a time. Tomorrow, I would have half finished my report and on the day after, ready for submission. Ambitious..that is what I have to be. Now, what do I reward myself then? Oh, snap out of it Donna. Get down and do the work first!! God help me.

No comments: