Monday, June 4, 2007

stepping out


It may seem that all I do is go to work, home and then online.

Not quite.

I share my apartment with Pat. Now, Pat is a vivacious creature. Not quite a year into living here, she has gained quite a circle of friends -- among nurses and RT's she works with. As I had also started my rotation in the unit she was working at, I got sucked into that vortex. What a happy twister that is. Certainly, an outlet for all my misery and profound bouts of sadness. How thankful I am.

Now, the first time we ventured out with our Canadian friends, we went to this club, Easy at the Fifth. What a scene. Hardly any chairs around, the place was meant for dancing. A mass of bodies grinding and gyrating to the beat of the music. It was loud. No conversation here. All that was needed was movement...any which way was fine. It was totally anonymous. I could do anything. I felt care free. I can just imagine those liner commercials...hehehehe.... I certainly had my share of moves.

It has been quite a time since I had gone out to place like this. I have graduated to the sit down and listen to a live band crowd since my mid to late 20's.

I am glad I went. It was therapy without the hefty cost.

No comments: