Tuesday, June 5, 2007

missing the kikay in me


Funny that it is June and just like in Manila where thunderstorms are quite in vogue this month, the same is happening today here in Toronto. I can hear the wind howl. Darn! just when I had planned to go and shake out of the doldrums. While I am letting the pouring rain pass, as Jun would say, "pa-tilahin muna", I indulge myself in remembering the simple bodily pleasures I enjoy back home.
I would go to the neighborhood parlor, "Lhoy Dhayag". Lhoy will give my hair a good hot oil treatment. He will then proceed to style it as if I was going out and paint the town red even though I will just cross the street back to my house. He also maintains my eyebrows, o di ba?I have to admit, looking good made me feel good.
Aling Susan, our roving all around beautician, would use her magic fingers to give me a facial and a full body massage blissfully loosening up all my achingly tired muscles and joints. The mere remembrance of the feeling makes me all gooey.
It doesn't stop there. Aling Susan will give me a good manicure and pedicure. Aaaahhhhh.....
And then of course it goes without saying, with rain like this, hubby and I will surely make our own thunder....hehehehe. I miss you Papa...dearly! Konting tiis pa!

2 comments:

Marj and Carlos said...

Thunder? What kind of thunder? Or is it more like an earthquake?

Wandering Mum said...

pa'no nga ba yung sa creation..Pinoy version? thunder, lightning then the earth shook and a tree split up exposing man and woman...hehehe...parang ganun