Tuesday, June 12, 2007

reflection

Luke 9:16...remember this one? If you don't, you obviously did not attend Sunday mass June 10th. It is Jesus feeding the multitude with five loaves of bread and two fish. Now, this is no sermon but rather a reflection. He blessed the bread, broke it and shared until everyone reached their fill. Blessed, broken and shared. Does this strike a chord with you? It sure does with me. I am so blessed. I have a loving family. A job I chose to do. I am living a good life. And yet, I just couldn't have my cake and eat it too. I am in a number of ways broken. Just like a plate that has crashed to the floor, it breaks into pieces. There is a piece of me away from my family. Another here in Toronto, toiling away. To be blessed, I am having my share of sacrifices. Though I know I will become whole again...a better and stronger person. I will get to share my joys and hardships, my dreams, the fruits of my labor and persistence...to my loved ones, especially. It will come to full circle...and so it is written.

No comments: