Sunday, August 5, 2007

ten things + 1

Recently I had received a chain email of sorts. It was requiring that I fill in 10 things about myself. Hmmm...I thought about this for a bit and found myself puzzled. My life's pretty much been an open book but I guess there still are things that people would be surprised to know about me. Here goes...

1. My father is such a pack rat and as a consequence, I love sifting through my parents' old stuff from the 60's and 70's. Three of my hippest tops are my mom's from that era. Talk about vintage.
2. I have flat feet. (Even I only found out recently during a trip to the Science Center with Maxine)
3. One of my most prized possesions is a pair of diamond stud earrings I wear day in and day out. These were my mom's first pair of diamond earrings which she bought from Amsterdam in 1965. She gave them to me when I turned 13.
4. I am collecting DVD's of on-screen adaptations of broadway musicals.
5. I drink at least two glasses of milk a day.
6. When I buy a book, I inspect it thoroughly. There must be no dog-ears, no crease in the spine or any part thereof and I love to sniff a new book, I love the smell of paper!!
7. I would like to indulge myself more in baking, perhaps even do a home based enterprise with Lomi.
8. I speak English without a discernable Filipino accent. People here in Toronto always mistake me to be American!! What?!
9. Jun and I first exchanged marital vows at the Quezon City Hall before the church rites at the San Beda Chapel.
10. My first choice among college courses when I filed my applications then was Journalism. I guess this is my "what if" in life...

Oh and one other thing: I own and have read all the Agatha Christie mystery books.

No comments: