Wednesday, August 8, 2007

maleta

Today, I bought myself my first piece of luggage. I have been mulling over making this purchase the past few days for my upcoming trip to Atlanta. Yes, it is the first time I have bought luggage. What about my previous travels, you say? Well, I have lugged around the same gigantic green Samsonite since 1982. It is not about to retire yet, far from it. I just needed something a tad smaller for Atlanta. If I bring my trusty old Samsonite, my tita who I am staying with, might think that I will be staying for good. So, I did my research. Have you noticed that the luggage sold nowadays though packed with a lot of features weigh like a ton? So much for baggage allowance when you travel..the luggage itself would account for about a third of that weight! And with their intricate handle systems, much of the packing space is taken up. That is why I have stuck it out with my Samsonite. It is the original lightweight, made of fabric, no padding, with external pockets and a revolution of its time...with four wheels and a strap for mobility! I really am pretty loyal.

What did I end up buying? I got a Heys hardside in tomato red. Though with it's own internal handle system (another fancy way of referring to the same pull system Maxine's school bag has), it still is spacious inside and remarkably light. Plus, it is expandable by another 2.5 inches! It has all the features of my trusty Samsonite though arguably more fashionable. I just fell in love with the color! You think?

2 comments:

Marj and Carlos said...

I love it!!! Are you visting Ate Precy? If yes, please give my regards to them :)

Wandering Mum said...

I am loving it. Yes I will be staying with them for about 10 days as I am attending a conference. Will extend your regards.