Sunday, August 5, 2007

not again

Much like in June, I find myself staring at the walls for unending hours. I somehow cannot bring myself up to the task of picking up on my scholarly activities as it is again my research month. In the morning, I conjure a time schedule in my head figuring in my list of "to do's" and yet I don't get to do anything. In the end, I scold myself for the time I have wasted yet I don't feel any guilt.

My mind drifts to thoughts of home.

I imagine lying down in our bed and having all five of us on it, tickling, giggling and having a laughing good time. My hubby and kids showering me with kisses and hugs that go on forever. Sheer joy.

It is not that I am wallowing in sadness but I do have this sense of longing. Or maybe I am just deceiving myself with semantics. Sigh. I have to snap out of this.

No comments: