Wednesday, August 22, 2007

flying south

I had apprehensions as I stepped into the plane for my flight to Atlanta. It was a small plane carrying about 50 passengers max (reminiscent of the Baliwag Transit buses but only equipped with wings). As it took off, I could definitely feel the turbulence and the buoyancy. I was feeling a tad ill. My heart raced. I prayed to God that I will make it to Atlanta all in one piece. Also, I was thanking Him for giving me the foresight to buy travel insurance. Thoughts of my children crammed into my head. Lord, maliliit pa po ang mga anak ko. I was so relieved when the pilot announced our arrival onto Jackson Hartsfield Airport in Atlanta. Yey! Made it! As I stepped out of the plane feeling the sweltering heat of the south, for a second there, I thought I was back in Manila. How I wish!

No comments: