Tuesday, August 7, 2007

seasons

I bravely ventured outside today. Pretty much, I have had a self imposed house arrest, barely moving from the seat where I have planted myself in front of my laptop...lost in cyberspace. I figured, I needed to get some sun and start walking to wake my muscles up. Fine day though that I chose. It was raining. No matter. College Park was my first destination. It is one of the first places I remembered how to get to from my apartment. There are patches of green grass and a smattering of trees giving cover from the harsh Toronto sun. Iron wrought park benches circle a pool. Now that it is the summer, it is a haven for a variety of birds -- gulls, pigeons and whatnots. Even little children join in the fray at times. By the time I got there, a mere three blocks away, the rain had fizzled out into a drizzle. I sat myself down on a bench and opened my book in front of me. A cool breeze whipped onto my pages and I felt myself shiver. In a few more weeks, summer would be over and the verdant foliage I see now will turn into the amazing golden colors of the fall. The pool will harden into ice and become a meeting place for skating enthusiasts. Winter will bring with it the biting cold and people will look like eskimos. They will curse and shovel at the snow. But to me, winter will usher in a welcome warmth in my heart. I know that I will be home soon.

1 comment:

Marj and Carlos said...

We'll get together for lunch when you get home. Ayan ah, nagpa-reserve na ako ng timeslot.