Sunday, October 21, 2007

one

I had a free weekend. I must say that on Friday, I was feeling pretty upbeat. I was rejoicing with the thought that I would be away from the stress and unending demands of my work.

I had a free weekend. I am glad that it is about to be over. Much as I love having days off, I must admit that I dread the monotony of my life outside the hospital. After going through the mundane tasks such as clean up, laundry, grocery shopping, I find myself feeling empty left with having all this glorious free time by my lonesome. My mind wanders to half-way round the world, thinking of my time lost for Jun and the kids.

I roam the streets of downtown Toronto, begging for exhaustion so that I can sleep easily and soundly tonight.

Tomorrow, I shall go back to work. Inevitably, there will be someone who says,"I can't believe how you are managing being far away from your family." or "But you always seem to be happy, with a big smile on your face."

In truth, I smile and laugh to cope with my day-to-day personal and professional crises. Pilipino ata ako. If I cried each time, I probably would have shed enough tears to help fill the oceans that span the distance between my family and I.

No comments: