Saturday, October 20, 2007

undoing the fear

The news of the Glorietta bombing has shook me to the core, just as if I had been there myself and felt the reverberations of the blast. I am gripped with horror at the sight of the video footages from home. My being is enveloped with sadness for those who have lost their loved ones through this senseless act of violence.

Damn. I have let the fear in me. I can only think of my own family's safety who frequent the malls. Or will it be just the malls? These terrorists can strike anywhere. Will it stop?

Flashback to two days ago.

"Donna, is your plan really to go back? How do we make you change your mind?", queried my staff as we were walking together to the MRI.

I am flattered and say my thanks. I do want to go back home and perhaps even make a small difference.

She continued, "But never say never. Just keep your options open." I did not say it out loud, but only widespread political instability or mayhem will change my mind. Anything at all that will threaten my family's future.

And now this.

I have to stomp out the fear within me. Those terrorists will have just achieved what they wanted. I am angered by the complete disregard for human life. I am angered by their cowardice.

I am so angered...naiiyak ako.

No comments: