Tuesday, September 25, 2007

the Talk part 1

Ate Fe dropped in at the house last week. During her visit, she pointed out to Jun that Maxine, our 9 year old, is growing up quickly to becoming a fine looking young lady. "Dinatnan na ba sya?" Truthfully, my poor husband did not see this coming at all in the near future. In other words, he was caught off guard and in near panic. What if? How does he explain this feminine phenomenon to her? Of course, the hotline led straight back to me.

"Mama, I think it is time." Time for what?
"The talk." You do it papa.
"Me? What do I know?...I know how to count the cycles and you know..." Men.

I wished I was there. I felt this needed to be done face to face so that I could assuage her fears. Sigh.

Hopefully, this can wait until December. Please Lord.

No comments: