Monday, September 17, 2007

my gangsta tubero

This morning, I realized as I peered into the mirror hanging above the bathroom sink that the water that ran from the faucet as I washed my face and brushed my teeth remained a stagnant pool. Uh-oh. Undeniably a clogged drain. From the days before, I had noticed the water to go down the drain slowly, now it was stubbornly still. I wish Mang Romy, my dad’s jack of all trades go- to-guy, was here. Wishful thinking. I guess I will have to deal with it. Sigh, the perils of independent living. I looked underneath. I tried to loosen the fittings around the elbow pipe but it wouldn’t budge. I needed a wrench. Ok, stop there. This is definitely not my area of expertise. Visions of a flooded bathroom floor is not pleasant at all. Call a plumber? Hmmm…there has to be a cheap, quick fixer upper alternative to this. That’s it! Liquid sosa (my hubby’s favorite instant “tubero”)…there has to be a north American equivalent. I went over to the nearby convenience store and scoured the shelves for something similar to sosa. What the heck is sosa in the first place? Anyway, I found the Liquid-Plumr Pro. It claimed to clear the toughest clogs. The Plumr name and spelling was so gangsta. Sounds exactly what I needed. I came home and couldn’t wait to conquer the murky depths that lay beneath the polished porcelain exterior of the sink. As per instructions, I poured half the Pro into the drain and waited for half an hour. I came back to let hot water run through it and voila!..the water flowed seamlessly. I heard the happy burp of the drain as the last of the water trickled into its mouth. Another household catastrophe averted!

1 comment:

Marj and Carlos said...

I love cleaning supplies!! I'm addicted to them. My favorites are 409 and static cling wipes.