Tuesday, September 11, 2007

a superfriend

I awoke feeling disoriented. The phone was ringing. The voice on the other end was saying, “Hello…this is TD Canada Trust. Is Patroyo Matio there?” Oh, cripes. They again murdered my roomie…her name that is. I said that she was still at work and we hung up. I felt like I wanted to go back to sleep but couldn’t. My mind was awake but felt heavy. I obviously am post call. It is 3 in the afternoon. Okay, mental checklist. I am still in my scrubs. Take a nice shower. Check. Eat breakfast? Or lunch? Or just wait for dinner time? Hmm….maybe just the latter. Next, eat out or cook-in? Choices, choices. In the meantime, I made a fat, gooey peanut butter sandwich. I turned the TV on, flipping through the channels, not really caring but just wanting to fill the empty apartment with the sounds of another human being. A familiar tune caught my ear. OMG! It was Lynda Carter all garbed up in the red and blue with the golden stars fighting off the “Nazis”. Wonder Woman! My eyes were glued. I have this memory of “fighting” my older brother, fending off his karate chops with my “feminine” bracelets. Funny that she does all her fight scenes and not a hair falls out of place. Great Hera! And to cap off the nostalgia this afternoon, the show was back to back with David Banner and the Incredible Hulk. I heard those immortal lines…. “Don’t make me angry Mr. McGee. You wouldn’t like me when I am angry.” Lou Ferrigno rocks! Now, I will be keeping an eye out for “The Six Million Dollar Man” and “Bionic Woman”.

No comments: