Saturday, September 29, 2007

I've got mail

I came home exhausted from work yesterday evening. Out of 32 babies in the unit, there are six who are really sick. I have three of them. So that is how my day went. I felt relieved handing over to the night team at the end of the day. I dashed for a quick exit. As I entered the main door of my apartment building, I glanced at my postal box. Junk mail. Don't you just hate it when it gets overflowing with flyers and promotional brochures. They are the reason why I make regular trips to the recycling bin. I was about to ignore them and just leave them there. Hopefully the guy who stuffs them in would see how full it is and will not put in any more.

But what the heck. There may be a good buy somewhere. My credit card balance is down to zero now. Woo-hoo!

I took them all out of the box. Once through my apartment door, I threw the thick wad of mail on the table. A fat blue envelope caught my eye. It was the kind that comes with a stationery set. I picked it up and instantly recognized Jun's handwriting. At the upper left corner it read: From Papa, Lomi, Maxine and Nikki. At the middle of the envelope: To Mama Donna. I carefully opened it and out came pictures, letters, drawings and scribbles. My eyes poured into them. These are certainly worth more than anything I could have wanted but at no extra cost.


No comments: