Saturday, September 22, 2007

new ties

In a rare occurence, I found myself faced with a free weekend. I guess I have always fallen back on work to keep myself focused. Now, I am totally disoriented. There is a ton of things that I need to get started with but I am like a car whose engine is just sputtering to life, each time the key is turned to crank it up. Pretty much, I forced myself to be productive. Did my laundry, baked brownies. By the afternoon, I had a fixed goal at least...to get myself ready. Lisa, a respiratory therapist Pat and I work with at the unit, invited us over to her place for dinner. Honestly, I had thought of getting out of it as I felt pangs of homesickness. When we knocked on her door, I was unsure. However, it did not take long for me to realize that I am glad we went. Her hubby Mike kept the laughs coming. Sarah, their charming four year old, just absolutely melted my heart. I sensed a filling of the void within me. It just seemed right in this home. The atmosphere was so cozy it felt like we have been friends for a long time. It was a lovely evening highlighted by good food and conversation. A refreshing way of forging new ties.

No comments: