Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Toronto living

On a daily basis, I try to think of things why it is good to be living and working here in Toronto. I do this maybe just to ease the pain of being so far away from my loved ones. The stuff I have here are far from being deep. Mababaw lang kaligayahan ko. So, here goes and not in any particular order..

1. Canadians are very warm and supportive...at least those whom I have met and made friends with.
2. There are a lot of parks dotting the city. I see a lot of dogs around but you don't see any sign that they've been there.
3. I barely see and smell pollution.
4. If you work hard enough, you can play harder. Earning a thousand dollars goes a long way than earning a thousand pesos for sure.
5. Related to number four, I can indulge myself in a passion...shoes! Electronics come in a close second.
6. Winners! If you've been here, you'll know this shop. It is a discount store for designer labels.
7. There are a lot of public holidays. I think there is always a long weekend every month.
8. The best hot peanut chicken is in Spadina Garden restaurant just round the corner from my building.
9. Transportation via TTC around the city is easy.
10. I am nurturing a different aspect of myself, the side of me that never really got to live as a single person.

Lastly, I am hopeful that because I am doing what I do here, it will be the better for my profession back home and most of all, for my family.

Sigh!

No comments: