Thursday, July 5, 2007

my indispensible things in Toronto

It has been a year since I came here. I realize that to survive here, these are key for me.
1. My laptop - without this, I would be totally in disconnect with my family.
2. Internet connection - of course, as essential as number 1.
3. Phone cards - truly a genius innovation. Before I ever got numbers 1 and 2, these cards were my lifeline.
4. Granola bars - I have gone on days without eating a substantial meal and only fuelled by these bars. Mind you, I have to take at least one every 4-6 hours.
5. Jergen's lotion and neutrogena moisturizer with spf 30 - I used to hate applying this back home where it is very humid and hot. Here though, it is very essential or else suffer the skin rivaling the dried leaves in the old Camay commercials.
6. Milk and cereal - this is usually my main meal of the day -- breakfast! or lunch or even dinner.
7. Comfy walking shoes - no such thing as driving here for me. Parking is ridiculously expensive. It is walk, walk, walk, walk!!
8. Aussie line of shampoo and conditioner - since I don't get to indulge in my parlor habit here (they are so pricey...shudder), I have to buy stuff off the pharmacist's shelves and this line has worked wonders for me. Add to this the hair dryer which is my staunch ally in taming my wavy hair.
9. Ibuprofen - I have needed to pop a couple all in one time for the meanest of headaches!
10. My digital camera - always ready to snap up wonderful memories.

There are a couple of things more but these came first to my mind. Oh and of course, my ATM card...this goes without saying.

No comments: