Sunday, December 14, 2008

tsokolate

In this caffeine frenzied country, it seems christmas brings in the craving for a nice hot cocoa drink (picture snuggling with loved one/s in front of a cozy fireplace). I find myself yearning for tsokolate. As far as I can remember, my dad's only indulgence is tsokolate at the breakfast table. Our cook would buy a jar of handmade cacao con mani paste still with the oils swirling within it. When I was little, there were daily rations of fresh carabao's milk which was put to boil and then the decadent paste was allowed to melt within it. Crucial to the mixing process is the batidor which results in a light froth on the surface and makes the drink oh-so creamy. Yum! To this day, my dad still enjoys his tsokolate. I can't wait to share the next one with him.

No comments: