Wednesday, December 17, 2008

the quest for a planner

Since December came round and the prospect of the new year is a looming reality, I have been on the search for a journal / planner. The sticky "post it" method has become too messy and at times, made me miss out on things. I think I have gone to four different stores, only to come out empty handed. At first, my eye caught a leather bound one in an amazing rich chocolate colour. Alas, the price tag was way too rich for me. Going the complete opposite direction, I went towards the handy paperback ones made by Hallmark and American Greetings. Hmmm...the spaces were way too small. And still for CAD 7.00! I have to stop doing price conversions in my head. And then there were all sorts of planners in between. There was the zen inspired planner that was just too beautiful to write on. The MOM organizer with every date accompanied by a blank to do list for home, kids' activities etc....we all know why I would not buy that one. I felt too old (!?) for the Far Side planner and the Anne Geddes was, well, I already see a lot of babies in my everyday.
It sounds now that I am making all these excuses. Well, I did.
If I were back in Manila, this would not even be a problem. My mother-in-law, who is a top insurance provider, gives out planners every year.
But I still am on a quest, that is, until today.
To my complete surprise, I received a package at work.
I had the biggest dopey smile and tried hard to quell the tears.
It was a Starbucks planner. From Jun. And everything was made perfect.

No comments: