Monday, December 15, 2008

sweet

For the first time in weeks, I actually made my way back to the apartment at 5 pm...woo hoo! My mind was preoccupied with what ingredients I need to make cassava cake for my team meeting tomorrow. As I entered the elevator, I thought about how delighted I was, while shopping around in Chinatown last Saturday, to come across a particular brand of thick coconut milk which would make my cake really yummy. Ang babaw.
Yummy.
I became aware of a couple sharing the elevator with me. Nordic twin towers if I hazard a guess. In such a confined space, they were quite oblivious of my petite presence. It is cliche but they only had eyes (and other bodily parts) for each other. Gooey. And more than ever, the lift seemed to have gone on slower motion ascent than usual. Ay-yay. It was hard not to look anywhere else and my eyes roamed the ceiling.
I got out at my floor. Finally.

I am no prude but that was way more than I could handle.