Sunday, October 12, 2008

planning for the next chapter

Only a mere 8 months to go. That is how I want to think of it. And then, this fellowship will be done. Time to move on to the next chapter. After almost these three years, I just want to start living life...get settled again. I must admit that I have a feeling uncertainty about what awaits me when I go back to the Philippines. Given the current turn of events, with the dread of a recession, whether this decision to return will haunt me sometime down the road remains to be seen. I plan to pick up again where I left off with my practice in Bulacan. I am positively skeptical though if I would get enough stimulation from that population base given what I am trained in and what for. Which makes me consider getting in to a Manila based hospital but I am all too naive in their ways. And if politicking is involved, I would rather not. It seems I would be my own deterrent. But no. I am fully cognizant that the only way to know is to go ahead. If I slip, I can only pick up myself again and be better. I have no visions of grandeur. I only have simple aspirations and that mainly is to provide for and see my children grow up happy and healthy, and be the best they can be in whatever they choose to do.

Life may get a bit complicated. But that makes it all the better. A challenge overcome, a victory so sweet.

I must say I can't wait to start writing my life's next chapter.


2 comments:

Marj and Carlos said...

Hey if you want to get into Angeles University tell me.

Wandering Mum said...

i am pondering on it..will do..thanks.