Tuesday, October 21, 2008

the end

It is October 21, the winter season has not been heralded and yet I saw snow falling. Brrrrr....it was sure an unexpected gust of cold that left me feeling frozen. I thrust my un-gloved hands into my coat pockets and bowed my head as I walked to protect my face from the harsh chill. I bit and chafed my lips. To escape, I made a stop at the card shop. The christmas stock are out now. Just seeing the festive mix of red, white, green, silver, gold and blue with touches of tinsel made me feel all warm and tingly inside. The winter wonderland display complete with the inviting fireplace and the cozy grandfather chair beside it was more than enough to beguile me from the misery of the cold outside. There are lovely pocket calendars and I love the fact that they are dated all the way to the end of 2010! I could not resist but pick up one. I leafed quickly to June 30, 2009. A Tuesday. The end of my fellowship. Just then, I caught sight of a greeting card nearby. On the front it read:

Everything will become okay,
it usually is in the end.
If it is not okay,
it is not yet the end.

I almost laughed. I am not quite at the end yet...but I will be okay.

No comments: