Wednesday, February 20, 2008

well heeled

I love shoes. However I have not been blessed with petite and streamlined feet. Mine are solid and well sized enough (read: big) to keep me well grounded and stable in this harsh Canadian winter. I wear sensible shoes since I am on my feet constantly at work. It just amazes me though that I see other staff wearing heels. Imagine 3 inch chunky heels and stilettos even! My hat's off to them. I may be even secretly envious...just a tad bit. It takes a lot of attitude and leg power to pull it off.

For my in-law's ruby anniversary, I wore 3 inch heels. Sling back, open toe and golden hue, it was an instant attraction. I don't know what I was thinking. Obviously I was not. On the big day, the heels were on by mid-day. I appraised my look in the mirror and I was happy to be wearing sassy shoes. My whole family (hubby and three kids) were in the entourage. What I did not count on was Nikki, who was 10 months old, would insist that I carry her everywhere. It was a buzz of activity during the reception that followed. By the end of the day at 1 o'clock in the morning, my legs were jelly and my poor feet! I delicately extricated them from the golden captors. Aaaahhhhh. I sinuously moved every muscle and tendon, soothingly rubbing away the ache. Even more aaaaahhhhhs. Jun called over that we were all heading out to the car. Dang. No way I am putting on heels again. Besides, my feet have now re-expanded to its natural form. Hehe. Fancy free, I hooked my fingers through the slings and flung them over my shoulder. Walking barefoot never felt better.

No comments: