Sunday, February 3, 2008

candy bars and milkshakes

As I was up early, I decided to attend the 8am mass at St. Michael's Cathedral. I tried to rouse my room mate from her slumber for company but no such luck. According to the weather report it was -1C outside. Not too bad. After the customary layering and lacing up of snowboots, I am off. I never really liked snow. And when I did get outside, there was snowfall. It was pretty, I must admit. It was fresh still. None of the slush and mush but just the pristine white cover of the ground that would make the perfect christmas card picture. With the mild wind, I felt the snowflakes on my face. I turned my chin up towards the sky and singing quietly to myself.

"If all the snowflakes were candy bars and milkshakes, O what a snow that'll be.

Standing outside with my mouth opened wide. Ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah , ah, ah, ah."

Arghhh..minor brain freeze! Wonder if Barney ever thought of that.

No comments: