Wednesday, April 1, 2009

cocoon

In less than three months, I will be back in the tropical climes of the Philippines for good. I have been looking forward to this ever since I came here to Toronto in June 24 2006 to start my fellowship. I look back now and I can't get over the fact that almost three years have gone by so quickly. I remember my first few weeks here thinking that I would never last. I have. Now my thoughts are filled with home. Time to catch up with family. Time to start my life again. I must admit that I now feel quite at ease with the system here at SickKids. I have found my niche and ensconced myself in this environment. Do I dare flee? I do. I am now close to breaking out from what has been my cocoon. Hopefully, when my wings have spread, it will be radiant as the coulours of the Monarch -- not only to uplift my own self but also those who will be around me.

No comments: