Monday, June 9, 2008

Maxine is 10

Here in Toronto, oftentimes I am met with disbelief at the mere mention that I have kids, let alone three of them. Apparently, I look too young and that for me to have three meant I must have started early, like at 12. Well, lately, I have been feeling older. More so because my bigger babies (namely Lomi and Maxine) are not quite that anymore.

Maxine will be 10 this June 10th. She is now formally launched into that wondrous journey of the double digit age. Ngiiii...the tweens! Jun usually comments on how quiet she has become and not quite into rough housing with her cousins (and him) anymore. Our anticipation of her blossoming into a young lady is a mix of anxiety and joyful pride.

I remember the first time I held her in my arms and I felt a surge of happiness overwhelm me. She has the biggest eyes framed by longest lashes that fanned out. Her eyes (and needless to say, the rest of her) are still as beautiful. Though now she is gangly and about to be as tall as I am, I still get the same surge of endorphins when I see and even think about her.

I can only hope and pray that Jun and I will be able to efficiently navigate with her as she further embarks on her life's journeys.

Happy birthday baby.


No comments: