Wednesday, May 28, 2008

pom-poo-ter

This is not about one of the most natural bodily processes known to makind.

One morning as Nikki was waking from her slumber, she said in-between yawns, "Pom-poo-ter." As any mom, I was on the alert. Huh? Did she just say she was going to poo? I quickly lifted her and had her on the toilet seat in record time. She was still sleepy and slouched over my shoulder, "Mama, I want pom-poo-ter. No poo-poo." Aaahhh....com-pyoo-ter.

It amazes me how at the ripe age of three, she has learned the rudimentary know how in operating the PC. Nikki can deftly utilize the mouse and even the touchpad. Leave her be and she knows how to maneuver her way through her favorite programs and websites. Wow.

When I was three, hmm...I was...well, what was I doing? What I am pretty sure of is, I first touched a computer in junior year of high school and I felt awe. It was pretty daunting especially that I remember we were being taught binary stuff. Yikes! That seems quite a long time ago. The future is here.



No comments: