Sunday, March 9, 2008

The end is near!!

The end of winter that is. Punxsutawney Phil (of groundhog day fame) predicted six more weeks of winter, and as if to prove him right, a snowtorm just passed yesterday.

However, it is time to spring forward. Daylight savings time has been lifted. I just realized that the sun has slowly been reclaiming its lost glory during the winter. At seven in the evening time, she still reigns. In a showing of her return, her rays caused almost a blinding glare upon the whiteness of the snow. I feel her warmth upon my cheeks and I feel my spirits lifted.

Another Barney song comes to mind...

Oh Mr. Sun. Sun. Mr. golden sun. Please shine down on me.
Oh Mr. Sun. Sun. Mr. golden sun. Hiding behind a tree.
These little children are asking you. To please come out so we can play with you.
Oh Mr. Sun. Sun. Mr. golden sun. Please shine down on me.

Mr. Sun? I have always thought of it as Mother Sun. Whatever. I was humming this same song as I tried to secure my footing over the mounds of snow. Whoa!! I almost fell as I stepped on a patch of ice. Focus. Focus. Old Man Winter is not quite finished with his tricks yet.

No comments: