Thursday, January 31, 2008

onwards

I find myself sitting in front of my old trusty laptop. Yes, I am back. Back in Toronto. I could hardly believe it myself. My vacation month went by so quickly. And to earmark my comeback, there is a blizzard in the forecast tomorrow, my first day again at work. A blizzard. My sentiments exactly.

When I arrived, I struggled with my apartment keys, somehow finding them quite unfamiliar. I felt dreary. From the moment I started the trip back, thoughts of how my days were filled in the month that was constantly flooded my mind.

I cocooned with my family. I savored just being mama again. Wonderful. I seriously did not want to take this trip again. I felt the life in me being sucked away.

When I finally got the door opened, I had the welcome surprise of plants in the apartment. Life beckons. Time to think positive...to look forward.

No comments: