Monday, January 21, 2008

lay off

It has been a while since I had a blog entry. Quite a lot of things have happened.
On December 28, I boarded the AirCanada flight for HK. From there, I caught the Cathay flight to Manila.
I had called Jun before I boarded in Toronto.
The big thing about this homecoming was that it was a complete surprise.
Not even my kids knew.
I could not wait to see their faces.
Yes. Manila, Manila. Ain't no place like Manila. Manila I am coming home.
I found myself humming.
When the plane touched down, I felt my heart leap and tears brimming my eyes.
Immigration was a breeze. Being an OFW has its perks.
The wait at the conveyor belt was unbearably long....all of 55 minutes.
Again, I love being an OFW. No questions with Customs.
The Manila heat and humidity enveloped me. The dense crowd at Arrival was overwhelming.
I craned my neck as my eyes scanned the compact mass of humanity.
And then, there he was. He was waving back at me.
I found myself smiling from ear to ear. My tears falling.
Papa! Papa!
In seconds, the gap between us closed.
I am home.

No comments: