Saturday, November 10, 2007

crash

This past week has been a roller coaster ride of sorts.

Bummer...my hard drive crashed. I have been without my laptop for about a week now. Basically this meant that I have not been spending quality online time with my kids and hubby. Sigh. I am back to using phone cards. I can't believe how long it is taking for my new hard drive to get delivered.

I have also learned a valuable lesson. I must regularly make back up files. As we say in our vernacular, "Nasa huli ang pagsisisi." What exactly did I lose....I lost copies of journal articles I have religiously searched for over the past year. I lost presentations which I have slaved over in preparing (literally burning the midnight oil to the wee hours of the morning). I lost my OPM. But what really hurts is that I lost all the pictures.

What I am thankful for is that whatever I lost, I can build up again.

Now, I have to start....

No comments: