Thursday, February 12, 2009

longer days

Since I came back from my short vacation, I have been quite closeted with work in the hospital. I am back on my routine....well, not quite. I am not on clinical duties, per se, but do attend the neurodevelopmental follow up clinic. So I have the luxury of going to work at 9am instead of 730am. Thank God for small mercies. The thing is though, I have been catching up on my research work that I find myself leaving the hospital almost always nearing 7 in the evening. Today is a different story though. The last two patients in clinic did not show up. I could not believe that I am stepping out at 3pm!! And just to make it real sweet, I decided not to do any research today :p
Unbelievable. It is 430pm and there is still daylight...okay, it looks overcast as it has been raining the whole day. But still, a few weeks ago, it would be pitch black by now. And with the light of day, I can appreciate that most of the snow has melted away.
Could it be? Winter is over?!
As Balki (Bartokomous of Perfect Strangers -- remember this one?) would exuberantly say, "It is time for the dance of joy!!"
Woo-hoo!

No comments: